What We Do
Three words describe what our professional "Clean Water
Team" does. While there are many complex elements involved,
the Team's service to our community is best described as wastewater
Collection, Treatment and Reclamation.
- Collect more than 90,000,000 gallons of wastewater every single day, 365 days of the year.
- Inspect, clean, and repair a pipeline network of more than 2,000 miles, and operate a network of lift stations that pump the wastewater to the treatment facilities
- Inspect and regulate business and industrial customers
to keep hazardous chemicals and wastes out of the collection
system. Click here for information regarding the Districtís Pretreatment Program.
- 93 million gallons of wastewater on a daily basis, through physical, biological, and chemical treatment systems, to be reused or returned to the Las Vegas Wash.
- Perform more than 100,000 process control and laboratory tests each year to meet strict guidelines of the Nevada Division of Environmental Protection and ensure that stringent water quality standards are met at all times.
- Process more than 450 tons of biosolids every day for
disposal at landfill sites.
- Provide up to 7 million gallons of cleaned reuseable water
for irrigation on golf courses and parks or industrial coolant
use, which saves our potable water for drinking.
The Clark County Water Reclamation District's "Clean
Water Team" is working hard every day to protect the
public health, preserve our environment and meet the needs
of our customers with courteous and efficient service.